In 2018, Traditional Elders from across Great Turtle Island and Abya Yala (North, Central, and South America) named Turtle Lodge their Central House of Knowledge as traditional leaders of their Nations and Peoples.
RECENT NEWS AND UPDATES
- Wahbanang: The Resurgence of a People: Clearing the Path for our Survival
- AVAILABLE NOW: A Story of The Seven Sacred Laws Book & DVD Package
- A Collective Statement Regarding Climate Change
- A Collective Statement Regarding the Sacred Sites
- A Collective Statement Regarding the Children
The Turtle Lodge is a place for sharing our universal and ancient knowledge, a place for reconnecting ourselves to the Earth and Nature, and also, a place for sharing among people of all colours and nations.
The Turtle Lodge in Sagkeeng First Nation was built in 2002, in fulfillment of a vision received many years ago, and founded upon spiritual, land-based teachings that brings balance to life. It has been built for our children - the center of our lives. Our fundamental goal is Mino-Pi-Mati-Si-Win - A Good and Peaceful Way of Life.
The Turtle Lodge is based on the Seven Sacred Laws and the Eight Paths of Life, the ancient universal values of the Anishnabe People of Turtle Island (North America).