In 2018, Traditional Elders from across Great Turtle Island and Abya Yala (North, Central, and South America) named Turtle Lodge their Central House of Knowledge as traditional leaders of their Nations and Peoples.
Grandmother Turtle Teachings
March 27TH, 2021 – 6 PM CST
RECENT NEWS AND UPDATES
- Red Shadow Singers Traditional Drum Songs: Learn the Meaning Behind the Songs
- Connecting Spiritually with the Land and Each Other
- Message by Elder Dr. Dave Courchene at the Setting the Foundation for Good Relations in Our Homeland: A Webinar by Indigenous Knowledge Keepers Addressing Racism in Healthcare
- Media Release: Indigenous Knowledge Keepers will host national meeting to address racism and set the foundation for good relations in their homeland
- The Turtle Lodge partners to launch Wolf Joe – A New Indigenous Animated Series for Kids!
The Turtle Lodge is a place for sharing our universal and ancient knowledge, a place for reconnecting ourselves to the Earth and Nature, and also, a place for sharing among people of all colours and nations.
The Turtle Lodge in Sagkeeng First Nation was built in 2002, in fulfillment of a vision received many years ago, and founded upon spiritual, land-based teachings that brings balance to life. It has been built for our children - the center of our lives. Our fundamental goal is Mino-Pi-Mati-Si-Win - A Good and Peaceful Way of Life.
The Turtle Lodge is based on the Seven Sacred Laws and the Eight Paths of Life, the ancient universal values of the Anishnabe People of Turtle Island (North America).