In 2018, Traditional Elders from across Great Turtle Island and Abya Yala (North, Central, and South America) named Turtle Lodge their Central House of Knowledge as traditional leaders of their Nations and Peoples.
OCTOBER 31st, 6pm Central standard time
RECENT NEWS AND UPDATES
- A Message about America from Elder Dave -Whalebone Magazine, America Issue
- New Short Film: Onjisay Aki Climate Summit
- Building on power of spirituality, tradition Orianna Courchene, 66, helped found renowned Turtle Lodge, Indigenous women’s ceremony
- The Late Elder Robin Greene
- The Turtle Lodge congratulates Mi’kmaw Elder and Knowledge Keeper Jane Meader!
The Turtle Lodge is a place for sharing our universal and ancient knowledge, a place for reconnecting ourselves to the Earth and Nature, and also, a place for sharing among people of all colours and nations.
The Turtle Lodge in Sagkeeng First Nation was built in 2002, in fulfillment of a vision received many years ago, and founded upon spiritual, land-based teachings that brings balance to life. It has been built for our children - the center of our lives. Our fundamental goal is Mino-Pi-Mati-Si-Win - A Good and Peaceful Way of Life.
The Turtle Lodge is based on the Seven Sacred Laws and the Eight Paths of Life, the ancient universal values of the Anishnabe People of Turtle Island (North America).